It’s nearly the end of 2016, and with 2017 upon us, it’s time to reflect on the year that has been and what the future looks like for your business.
A Business Year in Review
When reflecting on whether or not 2016 has been a success for you, take a minute to consider these questions:
- Did your venture grow?
- Did your fixed costs increase or decrease?
- Did you team grow or decline?
- Did you expand into new markets?
Ultimately, did 2016 meet or exceed your expectations?
Or did it not?
Taking time to consider the year that has been is important when you begin planning for 2017.
The business landscape has changed significantly and is likely to change even more in 2017. Being adaptive and agile can mean the difference between true success and failure.
2017 will give you and your company a fresh start to adopt and implement new strategies that can potentially assist in increasing efficiency, expanding capability and accelerating growth.
The question is, have you started thinking about how you are going to make 2017 your business’ year? What are you going to do differently to take it to new heights?
Finding the right strategy
There are many potential strategies to consider which can be adopted in 2017 to assist in meeting the goals you set for yourself.
Implementing an offshore team is just one solution that is becoming more and more popular as a proven business strategy.
Offshore teams can assist businesses of all sizes to:
- Grow without increasing fixed costs
- Access highly-skilled talent that may not be readily available locally
- Empower local employees by offshoring routine and process oriented tasks allowing them to focus on value-adding activities
- Enhancing capacity cost effectively allowing for better customer service
By adopting an offshore team, businesses can enhance competitiveness and stay ahead of the changing trends 2017 has in store to position themselves to be more agile and adaptive.
Offshoring is an excellent strategy for companies looking to face 2017 head on.
However, it is a significant undertaking and now, with the end of the year upon us, there is an excellent opportunity to spend some time understanding how your business can adopt it.
Some key issues that need to be considered:
- Budgeting for your offshore team – understanding the costs early
- Raising the topic with senior management – getting the business case right
- Considering the change management impact on your business
- Understanding which roles can be offshored
Understand that offshoring is not a quick fix and to be successful, careful and considered planning and execution are required. However, if it is done correctly, your business will realise the benefits.
Diversify can help your business start on the right foot in 2017. We can assist in creating an offshoring strategy that is right for your business and one that you can help sustain regardless of your size. Drop us a line today to get started for the new year!